Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Disasters always happen in threes

I've not had a good week knit wise so far. Or, if you go by "the longer I get to work on something, the better" I've had an excellent week. The sweater I picked out for the little girl's birthday turned out way too big and way too rough for a baby. I like the yarn but more for something like a pair of thick socks for myself. I let Joe feel it and he said it was fine, but I know I wouldn't put Ariel (DD, 15 months) in it so I didn't feel right about giving it to someone else for their baby. So I rummaged through my stash and found, oh joy, a leftover skein that was virtually the same color way but a lot thinner and a lot softer. So I had to start that one over.

Next there is the case of the kangaroo-turned-rodent. This is a rather sad one. I picked a cute kangaroo pattern from a knitted-toy book and decided to do it in pink Patons Be Mine since I had that in my stash. The finished product doesn't look anything like a kangaroo whatsoever. The ears that are supposed to be perky and upright, are drooping forward instead. The legs are too short and I put them on way too far back, away from the belly. I sewed the tail (which is HUGE) on crooked. In short, the whole thing now looks like a giant naked rat. Don't believe me? Here is proof. Don't say I didn't warn you, and don't email me because you have lost your eye sight or your hair turned gray.






See what I mean? And since Joe's camera is a pain in the hiney, the pictures are fuzzy so you don't even get to see the full extend of the disaster. Lucky you.

Lastly, I discovered a major mistake in my cable sweater for Ariel. So I frogged that one as well. There you go, three projects that have gone horribly awry. Well, at least I won't have to worry about what to knit next for a while!

No comments:

 
hosting