Sunday, March 25, 2007

The never ending sweater project

My cable sweater for my little girl is turning into a nightmare. I, being a bit of an idiot actually, started it with only one skein, figuring that I could pop over to Michaels nearby for another one if needed. When it started to look like I was going to need a second skein, I found that they didn't carry the color I needed (Caron's Simply Soft Plum) anymore. So I went to Joann's to look, and they didn't have it either. Last night I ripped out the sleeve and a half that I had finished, and decided to go and look for another shade to make the sleeves out of. I have redone the front twice, the back once, one sleeve twice and now I have to do both sleeves again in another color... This is really turning into the sweater from hell!

On a more positive note: I tried my hand at an entrelac tutorial from the latest issue of Interweave Knits, and I love it! It seems quite complicated but the description is very clear so it's really not that bad. And it looks awesome! I am definitely using this technique for something in the near future. I have no idea what kind of project yet though. The socks they feature in the magazine seem a bit ambitious for an entrelac newbie like me.

No comments:

 
hosting