Thursday, April 5, 2007

My first pair of socks!

I finished my first pair of socks last night. I used this absolutely awesome tutorial: Silver's sock tutorial . I'm convinced anyone can knit a pair of decent looking socks using Silver's instructions! I have no idea who she is, I found the tutorial through my knitting forum on www.knittinghelp.com, but I am mighty grateful to her and I highly recommend her tutorial to anyone who wants to knit socks but is afraid to try.
The pictures are pretty bad, for which I apologize, but they were taken with my cell phone. We went to the Ecotarium in Worcester, MA on the weekend and Joe didn't bring our digital camera in from the car after that. Now he's at work and I am home, hence the use of the cell phone camera.


By the way, the Ecotarium was interesting except for an absolutely ghastly polar bear exhibit with one lonely polar bear in it. Horrible, horrible, horrible. I know polar bears are solitary by nature, but they usually roam across miles of territory instead of being dumped in a concrete pit where the paint is peeling off and where there is not nearly enough room to swim around. It's criminal.

No comments:

 
hosting