Saturday, September 29, 2007

Well paint me blue...

... and call me Inky! I actually made a successful felted bag! Remember the felting woes that I posted a few months back? The not-so-booga bag and the tartan boxy thing that was actually more of a tartan saggy thing? I redeemed myself with this little trinket:



The vintage bubble bag from "Pursenalities" by Eva Wiechman:










































It felted down to about a third of its original size, so it turned out smaller than I had anticipated. But I love the fabric that I ended up with. The yarn used for this baby is one of my favorites, Patons SWS in the colorway natural pink. It's a soy/wool mixture and it knits up beautifully. It has a very soft shimmer about it and it's a delight to work with.
I modified the design a little in the sense that I added a flap to it. I want to be able to close it to keep Ariel's little mits out of my purse content. She is fascinated by cell phones and has developed an odd attraction to bills, as in paper money... I have no idea where it comes from, maybe she is headed for a career with the IRS. I sewed on a snap closure which she hasn't figured out yet, so that should be good for a while. Joe suggested I make a mini version for her, and I am seriously considering that. When I took this one away from because I wanted to play with it myself, she was extremely disgruntled and threw a three minute toddler tantrum.

No comments:

 
hosting