Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Felted bags























Long overdue pictures of my not-so-Booga bag. I made it wider than the pattern told me to, I cast on 50 stitches instead of the prescribed 34. Subsequently it didn't turn out as high as the one in the pattern, which was what I was going for. I love how the colors turned out, and the felting has really exceeded my expectations. Unfortunately the edges are a bit wavy and it doesn't keep its shape very well.



My next project was supposed to be this one:




















Pretty, no? This is what it turned out as:

I stuffed it to the gills with books so it has at least a little bit of a boxy feeling to it, but it is a complete flop. The zipper opening is way too small, the zipper was put in in the clumsy manner of a six year old's first attempt at sewing (I did it, but the result is really pretty bad looking), and it's much more floppy than I expected it to be.

So... This is why I stated that although I still love bags, they never seem to work out the way I want them too. Socks however, as long as they have an opening on one side, are closed on the other side, and have something resembling a heel in the middle, are pretty much impossible to foul up. Yay for socks!!

No comments:

 
hosting